We are strongly committed to your right to privacy and to keeping your personal and financial information secure. To earn your trust and confidence in our commitment, we are fully disclosing our privacy practices and providing independent, audited results of our policy on a quarterly basis. We encourage you to read our policy to understand what types of personally identifiable information we collect and how we use this information to process your requests for our customized products and services. Although our policy applies to all users of our site, please note that loan availability is limited to qualified individuals on U.S. properties.
What personally identifiable information we collect and how it is used:
We only collect the necessary personally identifiable information in order to respond to your requests for our customized products and services. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to, first and last name, physical address, zip code, email address, phone number, birth date, and any other information that itself identifies or when tied to the above information, may identify you as a specific individual.
You will be requested to provide certain personally identifiable information on the following parts of our site:
- Rate Watchers™ – We collect an email address in order to notify you when your desired interest rate is available.
- Loan Application Download – We collect certain personally identifiable information, including first and last name, physical address, zip code, email address, social security number, and phone number, in order to process and verify information provided on your loan application. All information collected is consistent with the requirements of the Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) and standard loan application practices.
- Pre-Qualification – We collect certain personally identifiable information, including first and last name, physical address, zip code, and email address, in order to provide you with an official pre-qualification letter. This letter is an immediate general analysis of your position as a borrower compared to general guidelines established by the lenders offering products through our company.
Other information and how it is used:
We only collect the necessary general information in order to respond to your requests for our customized products and services.
When you visit our site, our systems log some basic and anonymous information about your computer for routine website maintenance, including:
- IP address (your computer’s unique signature)
- Operating system (e.g., Windows XP)
- Browser software (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox)
Do we share your information?
When you submit a loan application, the information provided is stored in our databases and processed by our employees. An employee will contact you via telephone to confirm receipt of your online loan application and send you additional documents, via postal mail, to facilitate the funding of your loan. Our employees may also disclose certain information to our authorized agents to obtain the following services:
- automated credit check reporting
- loan underwriting
- title searches
- mortgage insurance
- settlement company information
In some circumstances we may be required as part of the loan funding process to contact certain third parties, such as your employer or financial institution, to obtain independent verification of various loan related information. After our authorized agents receive your information, they may contact you directly.
We are required by federal and state banking regulations to collect certain information on the online loan application. In addition, we will disclose information collected to our authorized agents in order to independently verify and process your loan application. The use of credit report information obtained by us and our authorized credit reporting agencies is governed by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. We will also disclose the name of the lending institution to the consumer in the loan details section of the search for rates results page.
As certain aggregate information must be reported to state and federal regulatory agencies, we cannot process any requests to delete loan application information from our systems, regardless of whether the loan is funded.
We provide you with the opportunity to cancel your RateWatchers™ services at any time.
Ongoing improvement and compliance
In an effort to enhance our site services and ensure compliance with federal and state banking regulations and internal policies, Choice Mortgage Bank, Inc. may use outside third parties to perform quality control reviews. When you sign the Universal Residential Loan Application, you grant Choice Mortgage Bank, Inc. permission to include your loan file in these quality reviews.
By using our site, you consent to our collection and use of your information. Any changes to our policy will be reflected on this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect and how we use it.